St Vincent de Paul
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul of Alameda County is a nonprofit organization that provides direct assistance to needy men, women and children in Alameda County.
The organization, celebrating more than 70 years of service, exists to meet the needs of the poor and the homeless. Following the tradition of Frederic Ozanam, founder of the International Society of St. Vincent de Paul, SVdP serves anyone in need, regardless of race, creed or origin.
SVdP serves more than 150,000 needy people throughout the county. SVdP’s Special Works division provides:
For more information or for ideas on how you can help, see http://www.svdp-alameda.org/
- Free Dining Room serving daily hot meals to the hungry
- Food Bank that provides groceries for food pantries around the county
- Drop-in resource centers for homeless and very low-income people
- Health clinic, computer lab, educational classes
- Culinary academy, job training and transitional employment
For SVdP National Council web site: http://www.svdpusa.org/
Click here to learn more about the SVdP St Joseph Fremont Conference ~ aka. SVdP Mission San Jose
How to contact SVdP Mission San Jose
To contact the St Vincent de Paul ministry, leave voice mail at 510-661-9572 or come to our office on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays from 1pm ‐ 2pm to see us in action, or come to our monthly meeting on the first Thursday of the month at 8:45 AM, or email us at email@example.com.