Kindergarten – Grade 6
“Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them;
for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs.” Luke 18:16-17
Welcome to Kindergarten - Grade 6 Faith Formation!
This program provides religious education for all children in our parish who attend public schools. The text series Faith First, published by RCL Benziger, provides age-appropriate lessons using a general theme for each grade level. These lessons are drawn from the truths of our faith found in Bible, sacraments, prayers, liturgical seasons, and other Church’s teachings. Students learn each of these lessons through prayers, stories, crafts, games and activities so that they come to know Jesus Christ and His teachings, especially to grow in a closer and fuller relationship with Jesus Christ and the church community.
Faith Formation classes for Grades K-6 are held on Saturday mornings from 9:00am – 10:15am, and Grades K- 6 are also offered on Wednesday afternoons, from 4:00pm – 5:15pm. Classes start on September and continuing through May.
Overview of Faith Formation
Five general focuses
Kindergarten – Grade 6
of Faith Formation, Kindergarten – Grade 6 are: We (1) believe, (2) worship, (3) live, (4) pray, and (5) celebrate.
- Themes: Basics of God, the Catholic Church, and themselves.
- Prayers: Sign of the Cross, Our Father, and Hail Mary.
- Grade 1
- Themes: Basics of our Catholic faith and the Church community.
- Prayers: Sign of the Cross, Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, and Guardian Angel Prayer.
- Grade 2
- Themes: Sacraments, especially the sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Eucharist.
- Prayers: Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, and Act of Contrition.
- To Learn: Ten Commandments, Seven Sacraments, and Responses during Mass.
- Grade 3
- Themes: (1) Learning about the Old Testament and Scripture stories.
(2) Learning about the Church and its Liturgical Seasons.
- Prayers: Prayer Before Meals and After Meals, Apostles Creed, and the Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary.
- Grade 4
- Themes: (1) Our relationship with the Holy Trinity.
(2) Our calls to live out God's commandments.
- Prayers: Nicene Creed and the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary.
- Grade 5
- Themes: (1) Learning in-depth about Jesus Christ and His teachings through the New Testament.
(2) Living out our Christian faith in our relations with Jesus Christ, with our neighbors, and regarding our daily decisions.
- Prayers: Acts of Faith, Hope, and Charity; and the Luminous Mystery of the Rosary.
- To Learn: The Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- Grade 6
- Themes: (1) Learning in-depth about our Catholic faith, especially the mystery of God and the teachings of the Church.
(2) Living out our call to holiness by living a moral life.
- Prayers: The Glorious Mysteries of the Rosary.
- To Learn: Corporal Works of Mercy and Spiritual Works of Mercy.
For more information, questions or concerns, please contact us: